Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Shift Happens

Wow, I sit her kind of stunned at all the information that was just given to me in that incredible presentation. It blows my mind how quickly technology changes and that it is near impossible to keep up with the growth of it. It really hits home with the fact that I do have a child that was born in 2007 and the statistics of where things will be in his life time is mind boggling! It also sets in the reality of what I am going to need to be prepared for as an Educator in the 21st Century.
I was really shocked to find out how little college Graduates we have compared to India and China. The world as we know it I feel will change so much in my life time. I think that we always consider ourselves such a power house of a country, but when you see the statistics and makes you feel very small and powerless. It is an eye opener for what we will be seeing in our future and the generations to come. It leaves you with a very strong message of you better keep up or you will be left behind. As and educator that is the last thing that you want to feel. It makes me hungry to learn more about the technology that we have out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home