Monday, December 1, 2008

Mathematics with Technology

Judy chandler is a professor at Maine who wants to get other Mathematics teachers to incorporate technology with their teaching. She has found that many teacher are reluctant to use technology in their classroom. They feel that it will create extra work, or that their ways of teaching are working just fine. When teachers use technology with their students she has found that it increases critical thinking, that it is helpful with data analysis, and it also enhances the communication between student and teacher. She is a Strong believer in integrating this into learning and that it will help out all students especially those that are struggling with mathematics.
The second podcast was about thinking mathematically. How to look at the problems in a more rounded way. She said that teachers need to ask questions to their students that they may overlook. challenge them to think harder and they will remember and learn more. She said this type of thinking will prepare them for life long learning.
I agree with Judy Chandler that no matter what subject you are teaching technology plays a significant part in the classroom these days. Technology can do nothing but enhance learning and teaching to the students. This day and age every teacher needs to look at all the possibilities that are out there, because if you just write it off you are doing nothing but a disservice to your students and yourself as a teacher. This a computer generation that we are teaching and what better way to teach to the children then trough ways that they are familiar with.
I have stated before in my blogs that I, even as a future educator was a little reluctant about all the technology that is out there, before taking this class. Now I can't even believe I would have shorthanded myself by not allowing myself to learn of all the teaching tools and possibilities that are out there. I am so happy that my eyes have been opened to this whole new world that I knew nothing about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home