Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The pluses and minuses of Blogs in the Classroom

Before entering this class I had very little experience when it came to blogs. In fact most of the things I had heard about them were negative. Such as people blogging about how they were going to shot students ect. I thought wow those blogs are a pretty scary thing. I stayed far away from them. It was a world in which I was leery to venture in to. It seemed so beyond anything that I would do on a computer. I am happy to report that I have gotten over my fear of blogging and now have a new understanding of the blogging world.
In this class it has taught me how to use a blog in a positive way and how I can use blogging in the future as an educator. I had no idea how far that this could go in the classroom. I think it has been a positive experience for me in this class. I enjoy looking over the different assignments and what i have learned. I now also have a tool in which I can use when i am out in the teaching world. If you keep up with a blog I think it is a great tool. It does take time but i think it was well worth it in the end.
I enjoyed looking at my fellow classmates blogs to see what they thought of different subject matter and assignments as well. The classmate that I chose was Christian Ardoin to look over and read. To be honest she was one of the few that had completed her blog by the time I was ready to post mine. I think Christian has a great way of looking at things. I like her because she does not hold back and you know exactly what she is thinking. I think she is going to be great in her field and I wish her the best of luck with her future teaching career.
I am so glad to be completing my blogs and again to have this to look back on. I have so many teaching tools just connected to this one blog that I will be able to use in the years to come. I am happy I am no longer scared of the blogs and that the blinders have been taken off so I can experience a whole new world of blogging out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home